Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Miracles

As a start to my new blog, I wanted to share some of the things that have happened to us this week. First of all, I am a follower of Christ, the King Jesus. As many of you know through my facebook posts I give everything I have to Him. I proclaim His work in my life because at the age of 18 (15 years ago), I decided to turn my life over to God. Ever since that day I have made it my mission to share with you all that He has done in my life. I'm not ashamed that I am crazy about God and that for the past couple of months He has been changing the way I view others and the world around me. The title to my blog, "Come what may, I want to run" is from the book of 2 Samuel 18:23. If you have time, read the verses 18:23-33. Basically, anything can come my way, but all I want to do is run. I've been running for 7 years now. It started when my husband was diagnosed with a debilitating autoimmune disorder and I needed to find a place where I could just get away from everyone and just cry. I never wanted David to see me like that. He needed me to be strong. So, 48lbs overweight and not a single bit of motivation to run, I jogged. The more hurt I experienced, the more I pushed myself to run. The pounding in my chest, the sweat, the crying, all led me to a deeper understanding of who God really was. There were days David couldn't get out of bed. My runs transformed into my quiet moments with God where I would cry out to Him for healing for my husband.( I still cry out to Him for healing.) Over the years I've added more people to my praying list. There are times which the Lord will tell me to pray for someone. The Lord is familiar with all my runs. I think He enjoys seeing me dance and wave my hands in the air, as I sing along to my music and praise Him for all He has done. So let's talk about 2 miracles that have happened this week. Miracle #1: If you follow my daily mile site,(dailymile.com/people/jennieruns) I posted a note about my air conditioner going out. David even tried seeing what was wrong with it. Nothing. For 2 days it wouldn't work. We all prayed. I had others praying for us. Come Monday morning, it started working. David says, "God is an awesome mechanic!" That day my best friend Melly needed me. That was when I realized that He knew I would be needing the van that day. Miracle #2: David's insurance wouldn't cover the med he's been on for years until Wednesday. That would be 4 days without this med. He has restless leg syndrome and the med helps quiet the legs. If he doesn't take the medication, his legs jerk all night and he starts having involuntary leg movements. He looks like someone trying to practice running or biking laying flat on their backs. My poor hubby. So, the only thing he knew to do was to pray. The Lord guided him to some generic pills he had in his drawer. He slept. His legs slept. I'm excited for what God is doing!!! Looking forward to sharing more of what God is giving to me! Well, I hope I haven't bored you to death. God Bless! Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment