Tuesday, June 27, 2023

Summer

July will soon be coming you guys.  I don't think I've had one enjoyable moment outside since May. Sure, Hazel and I went to the pool once and she had the best day of her life. I didn't fail as a mom.  We went to the Thinkery, been to the library (once).  You step outside. You feel miserable. Waking up early is not an option anymore. For 23 years of my life, I've worked many schedules and one I hated the most was my morning shifts where I would need to be awake by 4am. Sometimes 3am.   

In my delirious phase of life, running was done before work.  Now in my sane state of being, 8am is the earliest.  Nighttime running has been a thing now.  Believe me, it's still so hot and miserable running in the day as running at night. 

So for the rest of July, I'm staying inside.   We will be reading so much that our brains will be full of wonder!! LOL!! 

Before I leave, here are some of our favorite reads this Summer.  Be sure to share what you have been reading. 

Our Book Picks for this Summer:

Chi's Sweet Home. 

Hazel has read the first two books in this series. Each book contains over 400 pages. Sure to keep the kids busy for hours!! If you have Crunchy Roll, we do because of our obsession with Demon Slayer, you can catch the TV series on there. The monthly subscription is $8.00 a month and so worth it. 





I'm sure your kids have seen the Last Kids on Earth Tv series on Netflix. 

Well, what about reading the books? There are over 10 books in the series. 


El Deafo

There is no sequel. Believe me, Hazel asked and we looked. Nope, just this book. 

We also subscribed to Apple TV just so we can watch the series. 



Baby Mouse Series

We just started this series. Hazel is on book 2 now.  I believe there are 18 books in the series. 







Until Next Time, 
Stay Cool, 
Jennifer 



No comments:

Post a Comment