Saturday, June 16, 2012

Summer Kick Off

Summer Kick Off.

It's like pulling teeth with these kids to get them to take a pic.  Not very photogenic, I should say.  As babies I always had a camera in hand.  Now with IPhone in hand they comment on how the only reason I want a pic is so I could post on Facebook.  Ha!!! Not always.

It seems this week we've been super busy trying to find what to do this summer.  Pool?  Museum? Out to eat? Read all day? Sleep? (Oh, that was my idea, didn't go too well with the kids)
The days go by so fast that you need to think super fast if you're going to plan anything for the kids to do this summer.  For the next 3 weeks, (2 weeks as I write this) we will be volunteering at our local library to teach children how to write a letter to a friend.
"Letters to Friends" came to me as we were writing letters to Emily and Zach's cousins.  Why not write a letter to a friend or family member during the summer?  Grandmas always like to receive a colored doodle or picture.  Why not a letter? It's a great activity for the kids to keep up with  their writing form this summer. Zach's already in his "Summer Zone."  I can't get him to do anything school related so this is the perfect way to get him to do something fun without him thinking it's work. He wrote a letter to his great Aunt and drew her a picture.  The next day we mailed it off.  As the days fly by, what are you doing this summer?  I would love to hear your plans for the summer.  If your in the Leander area, come join us at the Leander Public Library June 20 and June 27 from 3pm-4pm for Letter's to Friends.  We would love for you to join us!!! Until then, "Happy Summer!"

Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment