Thursday, June 28, 2012

Better Food Choices: Breakfast

Organic Rolled Oats
Rudy's Gluten Free Cinnamon Bread
Tiff's Treats for Breakfast?  Oreo's? What about left over Pizza from last night?  
I can't say that I am a Saint when it comes to eating the perfect breakfast, but I can say that we've come a long way in our Breakfast choices.  And yes, we do still eat left over Pizza the next day, but not in the morning.  The other night we ordered Tiff's Treats.  If your not familiar with them, let me tell you, they are the most delicious, sinful food on this earth.  We ordered 2 dozen cookies through a groupon I bought that was too good to pass up.  So, to not be wasteful, we had the remaining left over cookies for breakfast.  This is rare and very out of the ordinary for us.


What about you?  What does your breakfast consist of?  Is it full of oats, greens and protein?  Or is it full of boxed cereal, left over Pizza or cookies? Hopefully it is full of all the healthy stuff, but if it's not and your trying to get better with your food choices for breakfast, I want to share with you some of the foods we eat. In the picture I posted you can see we eat pretty healthy.  Organic rolled oats (same as oatmeal), bananas and cinnamon bread is what we eat.  $2.00 for the bag of rolled oats, $4.00 for the loaf of bread and $2.00 for a dozen of organic bananas.  If you don't suffer from gluten sensitivity then you can just buy the organic cinnamon bread.  

Organic  Rolled Oats, Silk Almond Milk, FlaxSeed
I forgot to mention that I add Organic FlaxSeed which contains Fiber, Protein and Omega 3's.  Super good stuff!!  Costco sells  a big bag of this for around $7-8 bucks.  Pretty good stuff to sneak into your kids hot cereal, muffins and pancakes.   Emily doesn't like the taste of the fish oil capsules (I don't either!) so this works perfect.  Also, buy eggs that have Omega 3's already in them. 
Are these your Breakfast choices?
Or these?
What about these Kind bars?
These were my choices as I entered my local Starbuck's before work.  Not very appealing.  I decided on the muffin, the reduced-fat very berry muffin.  Tasted processed and it didn't fill me up.  I should have opted for their oatmeal.  I drove off to work disappointed and determined to make
Better Food Choices, even if I'm working and have very little time to prepare a breakfast.   At least I'm not eating Oreo's for breakfast!!  On one of my early morning runs, the cashier at a local gas station where I stop to fuel up on water was eating a snack size bag of Oreo's, which I asked if it was her breakfast.  She didn't hesitate and responded with a quick "YES!" As she was devouring these little bite size cookies I felt sorry for her.  Sorry that she might not have the knowledge or the education to choose better.   I think sometimes it all boils down to convenience.  But, convenience can be a Banana, an Apple or a Handful of walnuts that don't take any time to be prepared.  What about supplementing with GREENS and PROTEIN?  I suggest if your busy and you don't have time to prepare a breakfast then take some GREENS and PROTEIN in a Blendee Bottle with you to work, or wherever you may be.  And when your home, cook some good, nutritious meals that will keep you full.  Feed Your Body Good Foods and It will Thank You in the long run.  
SuperFood Chocolate for the Kids,
Green SuperFood for Adults and the Vanilla Brown Rice Protein
(If you don't suffer from Gluten Allergies, you can use the NOW Protein, Pic below)
NOW Protein
Available in Chocolate and Vanilla or Unflavored
Available also in Organic Blend. 

Until Next Time, Happy Breakfast Eating!!!

Eat Organic!!!

Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment