Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Day #1: Being Thankful

On Father's Day, I spend about an hour talking to my dad.  You see, I'm a bad child.  I don't call my dad. I don't just pick up the phone and just talk.  It's the same with my Mom. She has to call me most of the time. I'm always busy. Always doing something.  That something I wish was communicating with my family, especially those that are so dear to me.  My dad has his own Truck Driving Business so he's always on the road.  My Mom works for a food chain and is also, always working.

As my Dad and I were talking he told me that we are alike in so many ways.  I strive to do my best. He strives to do his best too.  He pushes forward. I push forward.  Then he said something that made my little brain light up, he said, "Be Thankful."  Be Thankful he said that you have a roof above you.  Be Thankful that you can work.  Be Thankful for the road that was made just for you so you can go to work everyday.
Be Thankful resonated in my mind days after we spoke.  Yes, that's it!!!  Be Thankful.

Thinking this way helps me cope with whatever tomorrow may bring. If I clearly just keep looking at all the bad, I will never see the light.  We can transform our thinking into Positive thoughts that will soothe the Soul.
And that my friend is what we need.  We need to listen to the voice of God where he tells us that not even Solomon in all his glory was beautifully dressed as the lilies of the field.  How much more important are you? Very important I must say, so in essence, Be Thankful!!!

Even if you don't have the perfect vacation for your kids during the summer and if all you do is go to the park and watch movies and eat Popcorn, Be Thankful!!!

And if all you have to eat is Rice and Beans, Be Thankful!!!  My kids prefer Ramon Noodles. (and those aren't gluten free, so we all have our struggles)

What are you thankful for?


I'm Thankful for Water on the my run Today. 


And for the Trail





Until Next Time, 
Eat Organic!!
Eat Gluten-Free,
Jennifer





No comments:

Post a Comment