Thursday, August 16, 2012

A Journal for Life


Scheduled Times for Reading
Scheduled Times for Running
Scheduled Times for Zach's Taekwondo
Scheduled Times for My Blog
Scheduled Times for Homeschooling
 (We start August 20)
Yadda, Yadda, Yadda!!!!

Schedules, Schedules and more schedules!!!!  Oh, I forgot to mention I have a scheduled time to Sew.  Don't get me wrong, schedules are very important.

#1 Reason to have a schedule is: 
 To Have Accountability.

#2 Reason to have a schedule is:  
To Have a Sense of Accomplishment.  

You see, if we didn't operate on schedules, nothing would get done.  Now some people don't operate on schedules.  They wake up and go with the flow.  Are you a wake up kind of Go with flow gal or guy?   Maybe I was that way when I was 14, but I don't remember every just waking up and doing nothing.  I get up, run, come home, have devotional time with my family, homeschool the kids and then follow what's on our schedule.  There are times when I wish I could just stay in bed, relax and do nothing.  Maybe a day or two, but my nature doesn't allow it.  Are you the same? Do you have a day of rest?  In the midst of schedules, work and family, what do you do to relax?  In the Bible it says that God created the world in 6 days.  Time is different for God.  A day could mean a thousand years.  But on the 7'th day, he rested.  Would God have rested for a thousand years?  We  might not know all the answers to these questions but I do know that in the midst of our busyness, we need to find time for Prayer, Thanksgiving and Praise to the Creator.  The other day during one of my runs, I praised God by putting my hands up in the air and thanking him for everything he has done in my life.  We can find time in everything we do to give him thanks, to acknowledge him; the Creator who gives us life.
My Numerous Journals.  

When I became a Christian some 14 + years ago, I would keep journals on everything I experienced in my walk with Christ. I would wake up, read my Bible and then write down memory verses and praises that I would sing to my Lord.  Before the kids were born I kept a journal and wrote down my experiences as I carried them in the womb.  Today, I still write.  I was born to write. We are all born to write.  All you need is a journal, a pen and some thoughts.  Yesterday I created a holder for my numerous notebooks I have.  One for Homeschooling. One for our Drawing class (we start September 5th, Yay!!!) and one for my Bible studies in the morning.  These notebooks help me schedule a time to just open up my Bible and write down verses I want to memorize, or that I might want to know more about.
 So, Do you keep a journal?  What do you write about?  Life experiences?  Fears?  Knowledge of God?  Homeschooling Journeys?  
I love the saying on this Journal.
It is a New Day and you will have many challenges, but Everything is for a Reason.

Right now we are reading our second book of the Mysterious Benedict Society, The Perilous Journey. 

Until Next Time, 
Eat Organic!
Eat Gluten-Free!
Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment