Monday, August 13, 2012

Not So Gluten-Free Today


Gluten-Free Enchiladas and Flour Tortillas
I should have taken a pic of the mess I made in the kitchen. Blender mess.  Enchilada sauce everywhere. I was trying to blend my Gluten-Free Flour with the sauce to make it a bit thicker.  
What a perfect combination, Gluten-Free Enchiladas
 and Not So Gluten-Free Tortillas.  
The very first thing my kids and lets not forget the hubby, asked me when I decided we would go Gluten-Free was, "But Mama, Are we going to still be able to eat your tortillas, they are sooo good." 
 Yes, indeed, they are amazing. Made from white, unbleached organic flour (wheat derivative) and organic canola oil and salt.  Easy. Right?  Well, No, I responded. Most white flours are made from wheat.  So, No.  Sorry.  Well, I could make Gluten-Free Tortillas.  Are you kidding me?  They taste like cardboard.  Today, in celebration of David's Birthday, we will have Gluten-Free Enchiladas and Not So Gluten-Free Tortillas!!!  And afterwards,  Taramisu!!!  Yummy!!  I burned 1,000 + calories today on my run, so I can splurge!!!

Enjoy Your Monday, 
Eat Organic!!! 
Eat Gluten-Free!!!
Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment