Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Titles

It's 2 am, "Do you know where your children are?"
This question was usually asked around 10pm or 11pm as part of a public service announcement for parents on American television.  Nowadays it"s more like 2 am.  
Today, for me, it's like, "Sudafed, Why have you done this to me?"

Yup. Sudafed.  David remembers when this drug was so popular that now it has to be kept behind the pharmacy because so many people were abusing it. Now I know why.  I've never been a pill taker. I just moan, groan, roll over in bed and cry.  Seriously. I don't like being sick and when I get sick, I get Sick.  I'm the worst person to take care of while being sick because I just moan and cry and pray out loud for the sickness to leave me. But then again, Who want's to be sick?  No one I tell you, including me.  Which brings me to the realization that people out there suffer illnesses far greater and worse than anything I could be going through.  God then begins to show me that I'm not immune to Sickness.
Which then brings me to the question, "Who am I?"

Yup.  "Who am I?"  In society, we tend to define ourselves by the things we do, the things we say, the TITLES I should say  I moaned about how this week I am not a mom, a Teacher, a gluten free baker, a seamstress or a runner.  During that moment, I defined myself with TITLES.

Do You define yourself with TITLES?  I could definitely add more to the list, If I had to define everything I do it would look more like this,

Laundry Lady
Pooper Scooper for Nibbler (my little Shitzu)
Butt Cleaner
 (I'm a Nurse and have to help with this sometimes)
Med Dispenser 
(I've been referred to this several times at work, they actually call me the Med Aide)
Waitress

Taxi Driver 
 Teacher
Depressed/Angry Mom
Happy/Energetic Mom
Religious Lady/Jesus Freak 
Crazy Runner Girl/Yoga Girl
Jennie (The girl who makes JennieBands)


I bet I could think of 10 or more TITLES  to give myself, but out of self respect, I'll only leave you with these.  As I started to think more about these TITLES, I began to think about how God sees me and how he sees you.   

When he's up on his throne in Heaven, you know sipping on a cup of Java, what does he think about me?  Does he define me by my TITLES?  Does he love me according to the more TITLES I or the world gives?   

Well, to tell you the truth, NO

God does not define us by TITLES.  When God created Adam and Eve, he made us in His Image. Woman was created for man.  We, women are more than just the TITLES we have stuck to us. 

Hello, My Name is                                                                                         
(Fill in the blank)

Click Here for Video (Click Blank Spot, for some reason)

 We are cherished far greater than we can imagine. We are Daughters of the Most High. We are Redeemed.  We are Loved.  We are Magnificent. We are Cherished. We are Forgiven.

Mary, the Blessed one who birthed Jesus would have been given the Title of Sinner if Joseph didn't take her as his wife.  She would have been put to shame for birthing a child out of wedlock.
But God had called her differently.  She was and will be referred to as Blessed Mary. 

Indeed, Pure and Holy because she was without sin. She was Chosen. We are Chosen.  
Chosen to be made Perfect and Holy just like Mary.  We are chosen to behave in a Godly manner.  We are chosen to live by the TITLES given to us by our Lord, not the ones we or the world gives us.    

So, UNSTICK those TITLES you or the world gives, they mean nothing to the Lord.

Instead, think of all the wonderful things the Bible says about us, 

We are, 


Loved
Cherished
Holy
Wonderful
Fearful
Talented
Perfect

Righteous
Truth
Beautiful
Forgiven


Ephesians 2:8 ESV


For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God,






Romans 8:9 ESV / 


You, however, are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if in fact the Spirit of God dwells in you. Anyone who does not have the Spirit of Christ does not belong to him.







John 4:24 ESV /


God is spirit, and those who worship him must worship in spirit and truth.”










Until Next Time,





Eat Organic!





Eat Gluten-Free!











Jennifer
















No comments:

Post a Comment