Monday, December 31, 2012

To Round Rock and Back Again.



Round Rock Barbecue


"I love you to the Moon and Back again."



"I love you to Round Rock and Back again."



The first saying is from Grandma Salas.  When the kids were very little, they would frequently visit her house where she would read wonderful stories to the kids.  Her famous quote as they departed her home was, "I love you to the Moon and Back again."  

The second quote was from my husband David who told this to me Saturday as I made my 10 mile mark in Round Rock.  And yes, I did have to go back another 10 miles.


End of the trail
At that point I wanted to call him to pick me up.  I looked at the text he sent me which said, "You're Crazy!!" and "You can do it!" As I ended the trail, I came across some unfamiliar surroundings.  The most miles I've ran have been around 14 miles, almost ran 15 miles on my birthday in August. 20 miles was always my goal.  It sounded crazy because I have no intention on running a marathon, or in fact a half marathon.  So, maybe all those years of running prepared me for this. Or did it?  When I came across the rail road tracks near the Gumbos in Round Rock, I was reminded of an old friend.  My friend Yoli who died in a murder-suicide.  I miss her dearly.  I prayed and asked God to seek me the rest of the way through.  With every foot that pounded that pavement, I was reminded of all the struggles I've faced in my life. There were times in my life when I didn't want to continue the journey, where all I wanted to do was just lay in bed and forget about the world.  There were times when I wanted to give up on David and his treatments.  And all the times I just wanted to quit everything.  I listened to the enemy who told me lies about my self-image. They cut to the core of me, they questioned everything the Lord had given me.  In those times when the enemy whispered lies to me in one ear, in the other ear, God would tell me how he loved me and that he was proud of me.  That is when I realized that I can overcome anything with God by my side. 

So, off I went, to run 20 miles because I knew the Lord would seek me through.  It reminded me that in life we will have struggles, we will have disappointments and times when we think we can go no longer. 

We are stronger than we think.  

John 16:33
I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world.”

We can overcome the world too. 


End of the Trail path. 


Let this New Year bring you Many Blessings!!! Happy New Year to Yours from Mine. 


Until Next Time,
Eat Organic,
Eat Gluten-Free,
Run.

Jennifer





No comments:

Post a Comment