Monday, December 3, 2012

All I want for Christmas


All I want for Christmas is a new mixer.  Seriously. Look at it. It's bright and shiny. It's new.  It smells of newness.

My Costco trip this week caused me to do some looking for Christmas.  The isles were filled with books, clothes, games and every neat gadget, computer you could ever want.

And yes, they make it so easy for you to just grab and go.  That's why I love shopping at Costco.  No waiting in long lines for something. Just go out to the open floor and grab what you need.
And there's nothing I need. Nothing I want.
I would love to have a new mixer, but my old Kitchen Aid mixer works fine. Problem is that it isn't new and it isn't shiny anymore.

Every year the kids write down long lists of things they want for Christmas.  This year I made it easy and printed a cute template where they could write all the things they wanted for Christmas.  This gives me an idea of what to buy them.
Here are a few below:





David's List:

Parts for Telescope
Red Fender Guitar Fixed
Stereo with surround sound to go 
with our projector
New turntable for albums












Zachary's List:

Wii U with Wii U Zombi
or Assassins Creed
Lego Halo













D.J's List

Long Board
TV
Good Headphones
Driving License
Dumbbells
Love (Family Togetherness)










Emily's List
Red Dead Redemption Game
(Year Edition)
I Pad
Dream Lights Pillow
Beanie Babies
Headphones
Drawing Pad and Pencils
Epic Mickey The Power of Two
Lego Gold Mine
Flute
Glow Book
Nerf Bow
Red or Blue Bike





My List:
Nike Tights for Cold Weather
New Workout Headphones
Books
Pens 
Candy 
Aprons for Cooking









Emily's list as you can see is the longest.  
D.J. added Love to his list, Family Togetherness as one of his gifts from Santa.  He's a teenager, so I have made it my goal to give him some EXTRA Love.   Oh, its so easy to get mad at teenagers.  Especially when they exceed their data plan on their I-Phone listening to Pandora radio or telling you that the $30.00 protein powder you were so determined was the right one, wasn't the right one.   So, you see, it takes a lot of guidance from the Lord to follow his command,"Love One Another as I have Loved you. "

I won't have to buy Love this Christmas.  I never have. I never will. It's free.  Just ask the Lord.  He gives out plenty of it.  He is the Giver of Love, not Santa. 

And when D.J. added it to his list, it made me even more determined to show the kid's more Love.  You see, all these gifts are things we want. Things we would like to have.  But, I can tell you that if I didn't receive the things I asked for I would be okay.  As long as I have Love from my family.  
Family Togetherness as D.J. wrote, then I wouldn't be disappointed. 

Christmas isn't about what we can receive. 
Christmas is about what we can give to others.  
And the best gifts in life are free, like Hugs, Smiles and most importantly, LOVE.   
Make it your goal to show some Extra Love this Holiday Season. 

Until Next Time, 
Eat Organic,
Eat Gluten-Free, 
Show more Love, 

Jennifer






No comments:

Post a Comment