Monday, January 21, 2013

Pray for me Mommy, would you please?

Every Tuesday when I drop off my Taekwondo Warrior (AKA Black Belt), he always tells me, "Mom, can you please pray that I have a good class."  
"Yes." I respond and I say a prayer.  It's as if I know this little boy so well, I already know his request even before it is spoken. He's always been such a sweet child. Full of love. Full of kindness and compassion.  

As a homeschool child he's not shielded from the sickness and trails of this life. In fact, he's an example of God's love and it is clearly shown through Zachary.  

Born 4 weeks early, Zach was a miracle. His grandpa is a Pastor and many prayers were lifted up for this precious child.  

At the age of 3 he was diagnosed with a severe speech delayment with articulation disorder.  For 6 years Zach would attend weekly sessions with a Speech Pathologist.  At the age of 8, Taekwondo became his passion.  God's plan for Zachary still unfolds. And as he lays sick in his bed, he turns to his dad and me and asks, "Can you please pray for me?"
"Yes!" we respond.  Prayer is powerful. 


Let us pray for all the children who are sick. Those who are suffering a lifetime illness as well as those who are being affected by this flu.   

Until Next time, 
Eat Organic, 
Eat Gluten-Free,
Stay Healthy,

Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment