Thursday, January 7, 2016

God, You're my Deliverer

"Discover the side effects. Don't research them."
Clever 14 year old named Zach



It's always kids and their smart sayings that put things in perspective for us adults.  Which I have found very helpful during the times when my doctor wanted to put me on a medication and I would have such anxiety that all I would do was sit on my couch at home and spend hours looking up blogs/research/reviews on the medication.  As Zach told me, he said I shouldn't worry too much about what the reviews or information that was provided said, but to experience those side effects as they came along.  
Yesterday the nurse gave me my first injection of Progesterone.  Progesterone is a hormone that is commonly used for infertility, ovarian cysts and endometrial cancer.  It is a hormone that is released by the ovaries and occurs naturally in the body.  Its role is to regulate ovulation and menstruation. 
Progesterone for preterm labor which is why I'm receiving it is  the 17P Alpha Hydroxy. 

Women with a history of preterm labor (like myself) can reduce the risk of recurrent preterm birth. Those like myself have had a history of at least one prior spontaneous preterm delivery.

I've had 2.  Zach was born at 32 weeks. He weighed 5lbs 6oz.  Emily was the second. She weighed 6lbs 8oz and was born at 36 weeks. 

Having a baby born early creates in you fear that your new bundle of joy will grow up with a number of health problems.  Technology and advances in medicine today provide infants who are born premature with a really big chance that they will not develop any developmental delays.  Zach was born at 32 weeks and was hospitalized for 2 weeks and then sent home.  As of today, he is 14 years old and has had some speech developmental delay growing up, but he has had no neurological/or physical delays.   He's one normal kid (he's a second degree (senior) black belt).
Emily had no developmental or neurological delays.  She's always used more of the right side of her brain and that's what makes her a great artist. 

Which with baby number 4, we will trust that the injections I will be receiving weekly will help prevent her from coming too soon.  
Honestly, I'm miserable and my first injection has created such tiredness and lethargy.  These are the side effects and I have to experience them for myself.  Creating another human being is the hardest thing a woman will do in her life, but I rest in the assurance that God will deliver me through all my fears, anxieties and worries.  
My song right now is "God You're my Deliverer", by Matt Maher.  




Until Next Time, 
Eat Organic,
Eat Gluten-Free, 
Jennifer

17 weeks 3 days







No comments:

Post a Comment