Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Ch-ch-ch-ch changes

Ch-ch-ch-ch changes

Strange fascination, fascinating me
Changes are taking the pace
I'm going through
(If you didn't know, this was borrowed from David Bowie)
I was about 8 or 10 weeks here. 
Changes are happening all around me and through me.  18 weeks now carrying another human life force has caused me to see life so differently now.  What once was urgent as running everyday has now turned into a slow pace for me.  I run with determination now.  No longer able to run 6 or 8 miles or even 10, my only goal is to make it to 4.  What once was an exercise I did to stay in my size 4 jeans, now I exercise so that I can make it through the labor in June.  As I said before, having a baby is the hardest thing a women will ever do in her life, but harder when you see so many changes happening in your body.  

A coworker of mine is having a baby boy. We are exactly the same weeks into our pregnancy.  I feel like a whale at times when I stand next to her, but then realize that we were both created differently.  I told David that the other day she told me about this cool belly band you can get at the store to hold up your jeans.  Wow! I thought, I need that.  Funny thing is she was talking about her pre-pregnancy pants. Ha!! Mine are in storage at the moment.  I have to buy new clothes every month.  And I mean every month like clock work.   I have no skinny part left in me.  Those size 4 jeans will be tucked away in storage until I can lose the baby weight afterwards.  And even if I don't, it's okay. 

You see, pregnant women out there, We need to be proud of our bodies.  Big or small.  I need to stop telling myself that I am fat. I'm Pregnant.  As I ran today, I looked down at my belly and smiled.  I'm carrying the most precious gift ever.  This will be the last time I will carry another bundle of joy. 

Jennifer, I said to myself, "Embrace it!"

And that's exactly what I need to do.  Here's to Changes!!!!!

Until Next Time,
Eat Organic,
Eat Gluten-Free, 
Jennifer

18 weeks 3 days



No comments:

Post a Comment