Monday, November 5, 2012

Running the Good Race

Last night we celebrated D.J's 16th Birthday
I wondered today why I don't have the motivation to run.  I promised myself I would blog about my Run for the Water, a 10 mile run I did last Sunday, but I simply was exhausted that week.  D.J., my oldest was in pure shock when I woke him up at 5 in the morning to get ready for our trip to downtown Austin where we would run. He did the 5 k.
 I ran the 10 miles.  There were over 4,000 people there and I was just a little ant in the crowd.  I did manage to get up to the start line.  As I reflect back on race day, I'm sure the "fast" runners thought I was some crazy woman.  I was up there with Betty who finished her 10 miles in 58 minutes.  She was wearing a bra and some really short shorts. I felt sorry for her, it was 48 degrees, but little did I know that she needed to wear nothing so she could fly like the wind.  Overall, the race was fun and I look forward to many more with my Football Player.

So, why no motivation?  A coworker of mine did the Dallas Triathlon on Saturday, a day before my run.  She told me how she has to do something big because it motivates her to train.  Her words were encouragement for me this morning when I didn't want to get out of bed.  So now I understand, that's why people race.  They race so they have the motivation to train.  Okay, I thought to myself. I've been running for the past 7 years. Running for Joy. Running to get away from the world. Running to pray.  This has motivated me everyday. 

But what happens when I'm happy and life seems to be okay for me?  What happens when I don't need to get out of the house and pray, but I decide to sit comfortably on my couch and pray. What happens when I don't need to get away from the world, but to just face it straight on?  

Well, It's Simple.  I keep Running.  I keep going. I keep running the race.  My Race isn't fancy. It's not filled with prizes at the end. And I don't get a medal or award when I'm done.  It's facing each day, running through the hurt and running through the joyous moments. Sometimes it's a slow run. Other times it's a fast run.  

So as a follower of Christ, I will be running the good race. I will run with endurance. I will run with the hope that one day I will be able to take part in the great feast that God has prepared for me in Heaven. And maybe there will be a prize waiting for me.   Just maybe, if I keep going.  Keep running. Keep Smiling. And most of all to keep Loving no matter what. 

2 Timothy 4:7 I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. 

Hebrews 12:1 - Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a huge crowd of witnesses to the life of faith, let us strip off every weight that slows us down, especially the sin that so easily trips us up. And let us run with endurance the race God has set before us. 

Galatians 5:7 You were running a good race. Who cut in on you and kept you from obeying the truth?




David runs the Race Everyday.
He suffers from an autoimmune disorder.
This man Runs the Race with so much Love
that he makes me feel like the luckiest
Woman on this Earth.


Are you running the race?  I need some motivation, so why not run with me?  I promise it will make you Smile!!!

Until Next Time, 

Eat Organic!
Eat Gluten-Free!

Jennifer








No comments:

Post a Comment