Friday, November 16, 2012

Five Fun Things Friday

Excited to be done!
We finally finished Ginger Pye.  
It took me a month to finish, but I did it!!!


One of the fun things we did over the summer was the Book Club at Leander Public Library.  The kids had a list of books to choose from, they would read the book, come back on the assigned day to be discussed and then on to the next book.   During our adventure here we encountered the Mysterious Benedict Society Books.  For the first time in years, I actually sat down and read a book.  Even after working a 12 hour shift, the kids would beg for me to read to them.  We finished the first book and are now on the 2nd.  This inspired me to create our own Monthly Book Club.  

Over the summer I chose books I thought the kids would like according to their reviews and their age level.  Every month we would read a new book and then I would have the kids do a book report. 

 First in our series was Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of Nimh
Second in our series was Ginger Pye (We just finished our book report today)
Third in our series will be Treasure Island. And the list goes on.  

What I've learned doing this is that it's Fun reading Children's Books.  I remember as a young child, I would immerse myself in books.  I even volunteered at a young age at our public library where I grew up.  
Books are to be treasured. Always. 
So, let's get down to our Five Fun Things we are doing today.

1.  Book Report on Ginger Pye. As I'm writing this, we already finished our Book reports and our discussion of the book.

2. Running.  Of course. But I didn't want to list this first because my first fun thing to do today was our Book Report.  I ran 9 miles today. Planned on 7 but felt good to run. 

3.  David gets his BIPAP machine today.  After two years on a CPAP with no improvement, he's getting a BIPAP.  Yay  for sleep!!!!

4. I'm sending my first JennieBand to France.  My fellow daily miler Levi is going to try out my new Reflective Bands. How awesome is that?  Beyond words!!

5. D.J's Football game.  He played so well last week.  They haven't lost a game yet.  Way to go Lions!!!

Until Next Time, 
Eat Organic!!
Eat Gluten-Free!!!

Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment