Thursday, September 11, 2014

Joy comes with the Morning

            I remember this day. 

Not too long ago I turned 35 and two weeks later, I found grey hair, more weight on me and just plain feeling depressed. I struggled the last two morning getting out of bed. I managed to run as usual. 
3 miles one day and 4 today. I realized that happiness is determined by my circumstances. In fact here is the definition of happiness and joy.
Happiness: the state of being happy.

When everything is going my way, I'm happy. 

Joy: the emotion of great delight or happiness caused by something exceptionally good or satisfying;keen pleasure; elation:

When I suffer, am depressed or when I can't see the light at the end of the tunnel, I'm going to have joy. 
Joy because Christ dwells in my heart. 

But then the Psalmist David said that joy comes with the morning. Do I just automatically receive it the moment the morning comes? Does God give us joy no matter what we are going through? 

The answer is yes. 

Joy comes from a deeper understanding. It comes from the depths of the soul. It's there when I'm depressed. It's there when I'm tired. It's there when I don't have enough work. It's there. I just have to reach it, to take hold of it and its mine. 
I have decided I'm going to have Joy.
I have decided that if I just had Christ alone, that he would be enough.
I have decided my circumstances don't determine who I am. 
I have abandoned happiness and replaced it with Joy. 
Psalm 30:5
Weeping may last through the night, but joy comes with the morning.

Until Next Time,
Eat Organic,
Eat Gluten-Free,
Jennifer 


No comments:

Post a Comment