Monday, October 22, 2012

A Tree Climbing Kinda Day

Waited till 5:30 am to get the "Cancel you for today" phone call.  I was told yesterday my nursing services were not needed, so at least I was prepared.  They tell you this and then say, "Well, we can't actually cancel you before 5 am." This is just in case they get call ins.  But nope, no call ins. Just cancelled for the day.

So, What's a Girl to do?

Not in the mood to run at 5:30am.  I took a beating at work yesterday. Heavy, demanding patients with very little help.  Frustrating? Yup!!
Frustrating as it seems I still give my patients hugs and tell them that they are not a bother.  It bothers me when I go in to help them and they say, "Honey, I don't want to be a bother."  No Mam I reply, you are not a bother, this is my job and I'm here to help you get better.  I guess they see us running around like chickens with our heads chopped off.  100 mph we go for 12 hours straight, taking care of patients, bathing them, feeding them, giving them their medications and attending to their every need.  Which believe me, is more than you can handle sometimes.  I pray every minute of my day for the Love of Christ to enter my heart. Sometimes I want to scream at the top of my lungs, but I save that when I'm in my car driving home. I tend to have a little Pity Party with a  Why me Lord? as I'm driving home.

So, What's a Girl to do?
  • Give Up?
  • Cry?
  • Get Mad?
  • Ask God Why Me?
  • Have a Pity Party?

Give up?  Nope. If  your facing a difficult time with your job or career, Pray about it.  Maybe it's time for a change. I've been doing the same type of Nursing for over 5 years now. I've been a nurse for 12 years, almost half of my nursing career I've spent in rehab.  Time for a change? Maybe so. 

Cry?  Yes. I cry probably 2-3 times a week. There's nothing wrong with crying. I'm not depressed and I'm very happy with my life. Crying helps release our natural emotions that we tend to keep "bottled" up inside.  

Get Mad?  No. Not really, but we tend to get mad anyways. That's okay too. Just don't get mad in front of people or at other people. If your mad, walk away from the situation and pray. 

Ask God, Why me?  Not always. But out of frustration sometimes we tend to do this. Replace the "Why Me"? with "Why not me?"  We pray for blessing but when trials and tribulations come we want to dig our own graves.  It's time to take the hard situations in life and see them as something God is trying to work out in us.  Maybe it's to learn that we are not perfect and we need a Savior.  

Have a Pity Party?  Nope, instead have a "Tree Climbing Party." One where you get your whole family together to celebrate the day and go visit  a local park where you all try to climb trees. 

I felt alive today.  No Pity Party for me!!!

 Yoga Poses in the trees.
 If you haven't noticed, that's a JennieBand I have on.
 My new slogan, "You can do anything with a
 JennieBand on,
 Even Climb Trees!!!" Ha!! Ha!!!


Emily
DJ

Zachary

DJ and David

Until Next Time,
Eat Organic!!
Eat Gluten-Free!!

Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment